Job Title: Technical Director
Location: USA (California)
Salary: The very best in the games industry!
Job Type: Permanent
Do you want to work with the most creative developer in California?
Do you want to work with online strategy games reaching around 7 million users a month?
Do you want THE best package in the games industry?
If YES, then read on…
As the Technical Director you will oversee all the exciting technology aspects for the studio along with all technical designs. You will be accountable for on-going assessment of technology needs and deploying sufficient resources to meet agreed upon objectives, schedules and budgets at the highest level of quality.
This exciting role allows you to:
• Work with other creative gaming department leads to evaluate the feasibility of development projects for the games teams.
• Evaluate all technical pipelines & processes for the studio.
• Regularly review milestone deliverables at their various phases, focusing on technical design documents and programming schedules for projects.
• Advise Production team on most sensitive time, budget, technical staffing, and software functionality trade-offs.
• Participate in performance profiling, optimization, programming and general troubleshooting as necessary.
• Identify tools, programs, 3rd party software and/or hardware that could be helpful to the studio & make relevant recommendations as necessary.
Requirements for this role:
• 10+ years programming experience; 5+ years as Senior or Lead.
• A history of developing software architecture, and a history of shipping commercially successful products.
• Demonstrated competency in several of the following specialties, with an expertise in more than one: physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, AI, networking, AS3/Flash, optimization and/or game tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of several of the following platforms, with specific programming experience of more than one: MMORPG, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC or browser based games.
This role comes with an incredible salary and benefits including:
– Stock options.
– Gym membership.
– Fully stocked kitchen & lunches.
– Modern office space and gaming floor.
**For more details or to apply please email email@example.com**
George Bray| Head of Technology Global Games Recruitment
Direct Line: 0844 800 9995
**Please note, all communications are in the strictest of confidence and your details will never be shared with a 3rd party without your prior consent**