An awesome opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tools Engineer to join one of Europe’s Premier developers. A developer who has gone from strength to strength, creating award winning products for over a decade with plans to bring to the market titles that will excite millions globally.
As Tools programmer you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of tools for multiplatform games along with contributing to the design and implementation for a wide variety of enhancements to the in-house engine.
• Create and maintain a robust toolset based on the Unreal Engine.
• Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development.
• Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project.
• Provide the feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
• Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage.
• Participate in the design of products and perform testing activities.
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• Experience with C#.
• Previous experience of programming on commercial software projects.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and deliver requests with a quick turn-around time.
• Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion.
• Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development.
• Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines.
• Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
• Experience in UI design and artist workflow.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
To apply for this position or to discuss in detail please contact Francesca on 01473 833 444, alternatively email Francesca@mpg-universal.com
Quote Reference ID: MPG420458
**Please note all applications and discussions regarding any positions via MPG Universal are done in the strictest of confidence and no applications will be made without your prior consent**